About me

He is half-Japanese, and I am...Not. So this is me trying to learn how to make sushi and eat it too. Or sometimes, just eating all the rice and smiling between every bite.

Friday, October 10, 2014

Tiger Leotard

One of the best things about being married is having a best friend that supports you in all your good decisions and is your voice of reason in all your bad. 

Except in the case of the Tiger Leotard. 


My own mother told me I was not fierce enough to pull it off. Dallin, on the other hand, insisted that I buy it right then and there. No questions asked.

This could be considered one time where Dallin was not my voice of reason, but rather the voice of insanity, yelling at me as I ran away.

However, Dallin is my support and my cheering section. I can credit many of my own successes to him because of his encouragement and support in helping me along though difficult decisions. 

I believe that Dallin learned how to be so supportive from his family. Recently, another Fukui family member left to serve an LDS mission, and the support at his farewell was heartwarming. Dallin's extended family showed up early, helped make food for a house full of people, stayed late to help clean up, and will be right there again when this missionary comes home. Family from Utah and Washington all gathered in Idaho to support this missionary in his decision to serve. 

This is not the first, or the last time, this will happen.

And why is this so important?

Because we are family and it is


TRADITION!

No comments:

Post a Comment